Sunday, November 24, 2013

There's Magic Everywhere (Vacation Part I)

I've started this post at least a dozen times so far, and to be honest, I'm too overwhelmed to find the right words.  The second I start thinking about where to start I am bombarded with memories, of some of the greatest moments of my life.

Oh man...it just happened again.  OK here goes:

Our first "park day" was spent at Universal Studios.  I've got a secret, I think that's my favorite park ever.  I just love being in the middle of "sets" everywhere you turn.  I could spend a day just doing photo shoots with Alexi in the alleys.  Dang it, back on topic!  Alexi.  She was so excited, literally all day long there were shrieks of pure joy coming from the stroller, up on my shoulders, where ever she was.

Mom and I went to ride a ride Alexi couldn't go on, so she hung out with her Mimi and Pap Pap.  Somewhere along the way they found a street performance by Dora and friends.  Alexi is not shy about her love for music and dancing and by the end of their performance, the characters literally lined up to meet Alexi.  That's when mom and dad found her.  Alexi sitting in her stroller, with a line of characters (including Dora) waiting for their turn to meet Alexi.  One of the "flower dancers" who met Alexi just couldn't leave her, after the other characters got their turn, she come back to Alexi and hung out with her until Dora's team had to leave.

It was amazing, and Alexi was in heaven.  We went and enjoyed more of the park, including some rides, and then found another street performance.  Alexi loves to dance in her seat but hasn't ever been able to balance while standing unassisted to stand and dance.  Until now.  She got so excited by these dancers that she made me put her down and stood right up, started walking and dancing to the music, even getting her feet in on the dancing!!  I don't even remember what this one was, but again, she caught the attention of a few performers and again, one in particular couldn't leave her.  This awesome dancer kept encouraging Alexi to dance with her and just had to get some hugs in once the dance was over. 

 The show was over and they had to move on, so back to some park fun we go!  I am not mentioning much of the fun she had exploring and riding rides, but she LOVED it all, I am just trying to keep this as short as possible.  Which is proving to be pretty difficult.

Later that day we scooped up a nice section of curb and planted down for the parade.  I can't begin to explain how awesome the shrieks of joy are that come out of this little girl!  I'm sure you other parents know what I'm talking about, but it's by far the best feeling on earth to hear this raw excitement pour out of her.  Her made up words make it even better, "Staywbwoo!!!"  "HIYA!!!"  "Istiabwoooo!!"  I wish I could get them right, but I'm sure I have butchered them.

To put it simply, she loved the parade.  Then, the Dora float came by, with her flower dancers.  One flower dancers in particular looked like she about melted when she saw Alexi.  Yup, it was her friend from earlier.  These performers meet hundreds of kids a day and then see thousands of them during the parade.  She managed to spot Alexi.  They have dance numbers where the parade stops and the dancers interact with the kids along the road, this was not one of those times.  The parade kept moving, but Alexi's friend just had to come say hi, so she broke formation and came over to say hi to Alexi!  Alexi was a rockstar for a day.  Or so we thought.

To be continued...

Dun dun DUUNNNNNNN!!!!!  (Cheesy, but I figured I'd space out the week a bit, or it would be a pretty lengthy post..)

No comments:

Post a Comment