Monday, February 13, 2012

TGIM!

Thank goodness it's Monday? Yup, for us anyway. The day of the week isn't really the focus, it's the snow free day that's got me excited. Dad worked 27 out of 36 hours from Saturday around 3 am Through Sunday afternoon. For those who don't know, I do snow removal in the winter months. Mom also had a rough weekend as she got sick. Still sick, in fact, and going to the doctors today to see if it's something some antibiotics might help. (She sounds just like Alexi did when she was sick.)

The hardest part of the weekend has been doing what's best for Alexi. With mom being sick, she is staying away from excessive face time with Alexi. Alexi sacrificed a bunch of her exercises, and really seemed to miss them. When I got home and cleaned up and finally got to sit on the couch with my little girl, she could not stop telling me all about her whole weekend!

Alexi wanted to be to be in my face, touching, grabbing, and telling me so many stories. I started to work with her on some core exercises and she got a huge smile on her face. She is such a little ball of joy sometimes, and I love how much she enjoys doing the things we do with her to aid in her development.
So yeah, even though mom is still sick, TGIM! Mom is staying home from work to get better and dad gets to take care of his girls (with Tanks help.) I am certainly not complaining about workin so much, this winter has been pretty easy on us for sure. Working all weekend just makes me appreciate my time with these ladies that much more. Does that make me a bit greedy? Being happy that mom is home sick? Probably, but I don't care, I love these two and I'll take the extra day off with them any way I can get it!





(If I don't write anything for a few days, please call, make sure mom didn't kill me for sneaking this picture in!)








.

No comments:

Post a Comment