Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Little Grease Monkey

It was a typical day for Alexi and me, we did lots of exercises in the morning, went to lunch with uncle Ken, worked on mommies suv, built a cradle to be able to haul our "new" fuel transfer tank in the pick-ups, and washed uncle Scott's muddy muddy jeep (must have made a wrong turn somewhere last Saturday and ended up deep in the woods.)



The thing that made this beautiful spring like day different than others so far, is that mommy came home while we were still in the shop (which is in our back yard.)  At first mom was excited to see Alexi outside enjoying the beautiful day, and taking part in our "wrenchin."  Then she saw the grease stained socks.






Now uncle Ken and I have no clue how she got grease on her socks, cuz she honestly barely did any of the work yesterday.  She just hung out in her bouncer and played with her toys most of the time, which is fine because she's not on the payroll yet, bu it doesn't explain her getting greased.  Naturally mom accused us of making her work on trucks while in her "nice clothes" (show me her "work clothes" and I'll put them on next time.)



So the Grease stains are a mystery, but Alexi sure did have fun playin outside yesterday.  I honestly wasn't sure if she would appreciate being out there at this age, yet she was so fascinated by everything around her both in the shop and in the backyard.  Yesterday was just a taste of what this summer has to bring with her, and I am more excited for this summer than I've been in a long time.  That's one of the best things about having kids, every single thing we take for granted when we "grow up" becomes exciting again!

Apparently Kerith wasn't the only person "bothered" by Alexi's wrenchin' either.   I was talking to our friend Melanie and told her what Alexi did all day that made her fall asleep early last night, and Melanie informed me that Alexi had to get together with Syd and do "girl things."  I don't know what these "girl things" are, but I hope it has something to do with making me dinner!

DISCLAIMER:  Hahahahaha I was KIDDING!  I actually do alot of the cooking around here and I know that there are no duties that are "women's duties"........aside from laundry.

Since it's such a beautiful morning, off we go to wash the dump truck before our meeting at work! 




2 comments:

  1. A friend's daughter used to love hanging out in the garage with her daddy. (She still does, but now that she's a bit older she does more "girly activities" (like cooking dinner, ha ha). Anyway, when she was about three she was riding her toy push car. She managed to get it stuck in the grass, so I went over to help her, and she looked at me very seriously and said, "Be careful. The engine's hot!" Little ones learn a lot when hanging out in the garage with daddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's awesome! I love that she took it "offroading" and got stuck! Love even more that she said that! Sounds like my kinda gal.

    ReplyDelete