Monday, March 5, 2012

Inspirational Young Ladies

So often you see depressing news articles, celebrity gossip, or someone pushing their political views being passed around online. Today I got a nice positive email. Two young ladies in a local high school did something constructive with their senior project and made the news doing it!

Brittany King and Madi Zajicek of Chartiers Valley High School decided not to just write papers, or construct something physical, but wanted to do some good and get some credit for it. I mean really, shouldn't we be able to do so every once in a while?

I read a few articles and from what I gathered, they've known each other a long time and have something special in common. They both have relatives with Down Syndrome. Of course, this is probably what lead to them coming up with such a great idea for their projects. They decided to put on a dance for teens with special needs from all over the area. It looks like they got around 60 kids from several local school districts to attend, mingle, and dance their butts off!

I wish we had known about this before hand, we would have volunteered photography services for the event, how fun would that have been!?! Finding out now was nice, too. It was a busy Monday morning, trying to keep Alexi entertained while working on 3 proposals and our company website, and when I checked my personal email, I read the article on these women and was inspired. Inspired to take a break from work and share this with all of you! Luckily it's a family business and grandma wont get mad because she loves her little Alexi too much.

Read more here:
Your Carlynton


and here:
Chartiers Valley Patch


Due to potential copyright issues, I don't want to share any of the photo's from the articles, because honestly I don't know if I'm allowed. But, since I like to have at least one picture in every blog post, here's one from our Sunday Funday Photo Shoot with Alexi:

Photobucket


We had so much fun taking pictures with Alexi on Sunday. I think modeling is her favorite hobby, which works out great because taking the pictures is definitely ours!








.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, get out of here with that jean jacket. Love that little girl.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its too cute, right?!! It's still a little big, but I am going to find every reason possible to put her in it until she grows out of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete